What happens when you lick a battery

You’re not alone if you’re wondering what happens when you lick a battery. Most of us have wondered at some point, and some of us have even done it. And while licking a battery probably won’t harm it in the short term, it could lead to bigger problems in the long run. Here’s what you need to know about licking batteries and the risks involved.

What happens when you lick a battery

When you lick a battery, you transfer electrons from the battery to your saliva. This causes an electric current to flow through your body. The current can stimulate the muscles in your mouth and throat, which can cause them to contract.

Your mouth can be burning because the acid in the battery will react with your saliva and cause a chemical reaction that causes your mouth to burn. This is a normal reaction. You should rinse your mouth immediately with cool water to prevent swelling.

If you bite into the battery, you’ll get a chemical reaction inside your mouth that causes your tongue to swell and your gums to bleed. This can be treated by sucking on ice. The swelling will go down in a few minutes.

You should rinse your mouth and teeth with water to prevent the battery from causing any damage to your mouth.

If you swallow a battery, you will most likely end up going to the emergency room for an x-ray and treatment.

Bottom Lines

Licking a battery is not only dangerous, but also unhygienic. Not only are you at risk for receiving a potentially dangerous shock, but you could also be exposing yourself to harmful chemicals. So the next time you find yourself with a battery in your mouth, resist the urge and put it down!

Add Comment